We highly value your trust in us and will duly and diligently safeguard and protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
1. Responsible SafariOffice Entity
- 1.1 create their own Quotes, content and other (future) web and mobile applications running on our Service;
- 1.2 sell or offer their own tours, safaris and activities (products and services);
- 1.3 send electronic communications to others; or
- 1.4 otherwise collect, use, share or process Personal Data via our Services.
For detailed privacy information related to a SafariOffice customer who uses the SafariOffice Services as the controller, please contact our customer directly.
We won’t email you unless you have expressly indicated you want us to. We will only email you in the following cases:
- 2.1 You use the password recovery option, where we email you instructions on how to reset your password.
- 2.2 You activate the optional feature to get specific notifications in the Settings Area of your Account.
- 2.3 You activate the optional feature to receive a periodical newsletter by email. Please note: you can always deactivate this feature by unsubscribing. Each newsletter contains an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- 2.4 You use one of our contact forms because you have a question or want to provide feedback to us. In those cases, you may receive a copy of your message and our reply to your request.
- 2.5 We need to provide you with information on a new version of the SafariOffice Service so you can use the Service as normal after the update.
- 2.6 If we believe it is vital to contact you and share certain information, we may decide to email you. We will only do so in extraordinary cases such as, for example, when the site or the company holding your personal information is sold and a new owner will govern and safeguard your personal information.
3. Personal Information
We keep the amount of personal information we collect to an absolute minimum and only collect it if strictly necessary or with your consent. You are not obliged to provide your personal information, but this may lead to us not being able to provide you with our services.
We will not process or store your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes which we collected or processed this information, unless a longer storage period is required by any applicable law or regulation. We process the following information:
- 3.1 Email Newsletters. You may decide to subscribe to one or several of our newsletters in order to periodically receive news, tips, articles and/or offers by email. When subscribing, your name and email address will be shared with us. Every newsletter that you receive contains an unsubscribe option in case you no longer want to receive these emails.
- If you unsubscribe, you will stop receiving newsletters instantly and your name and email address will be removed from our systems within 90 days.
3.2 Your SafariOffice Account
To use SafariOffice you need to have an account.
You can register (or get invited) to a SafariOffice account by using an email address and password.
Your email address will be stored by us to enable you to sign in and gain access to your account and its features.
Your password is stored encrypted in such a way that nobody, including us, can access it. Your IP address is processed for spam prevention reasons only.
Any other information you add to your Profile will be stored (e.g. avatar, role in company etc).
- After your account has been archived it will stay archived for 90 days, after which all information will be deleted.
3.3 Log File Data
As with the majority of websites you visit, our Service and servers employ log files. These log files record non-personally identifiable data, with the exception of IP addresses. The processing of this data will have little or no impact on your privacy. The log files are used to provide insight into the way our site is being used and, if errors occur, log files provide extra insight into what caused the errors and how to fix them.
- Our log files are deleted after 30 days.
3.4 Computer Information
If you use one of the email forms to report a technical problem, we will collect non-personally identifiable computer information, such as: the type of browser you are using (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome), the type of operating system you are using (e.g. Windows, Mac OS), the screen or window resolution of your monitor and device type (e.g. PC, iPhone, iPad). We collect this information since it helps us find the problem and it has little or no impact on your privacy.
3.5 User Generated Content
User generated content (“user content”) is information provided by our users with an intent to be used on our website (e.g. descriptions of accommodations, activities or destinations). You, as our user, are responsible for all user content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available to or through our website. We don’t claim ownership of user content, but by submitting, posting or otherwise making it available to or through our website, you automatically grant us the right to use your user content as described in the Terms and Conditions of our Subscription Agreement. This includes the non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable right, with the right of sublicensing and without any royalty or compensation in return, to use, reproduce, adjust, translate, distribute, publish, create derivate works, to disclose and duplicate the content in all now known media and future media. You agree that we can decide if and how your user content is credited and you also agree the user content provided may be indexed by search engines such as Google. You also grant us, and any third party appointed by us, the right to take (legal) actions as deemed necessary for the protection of the (copy)rights of your user content, including, but not by way of limitation, to take (legal) action in the name and on behalf of you.
3.6 About Children Under the Age of 16
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from visitors in this age group. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We and our third-party partners may use various technologies to collect and store Service Usage Data when you use our Service, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels, web beacons, and if you use our Mobile Apps, through our software development kits (SDKs) deployed on your mobile device. For example, we use web beacons in the emails we send on your behalf, which enable us to track certain behavior, such as whether the email sent through the Service was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. Both web beacons and SDKs allow us to collect information such as the recipient’s IP address, browser, email client type and other similar data as further described above.
We use this information to measure the performance of your emails sent (and quotes), to provide analytics information, enhance the effectiveness of our Service, and for other purposes described above.
3.8 Disclosure and/or Transfer of Data
We keep your personal information confidential and we generally do not disclose it, unless we have your permission hereto, or this is necessary for the performance of a contract, to comply with a legal obligation or for the purposes of our legitimate interests. We may for instance disclose or transfer some of your personal information in the following situations:
- When you use SafariOffice to send a Quote we will share your contact details (you provided) with your customer.
- When you subscribe to one or several of our newsletters, we share your email address with MailChimp, our email service provider, in order to send you these newsletters.
- We may share your personal information with SurveyMonkey to let you participate in a survey or questionnaire.
- Where necessary we will share your personal information with our third-party providers (e.g. IT providers, CRM providers, marketing service providers, analysts, customer service providers, business development providers and legal service providers) as well as affiliated companies (e.g. parent, sister or daughter companies). They access and use the information on our instructions and on a “need to know” basis only.
- To host our files and data, including some of your personal information, we make use of certain web and cloud hosting providers, such as Amazon Web Services and Google Drive.
- We may share your personal information with certain social media sites for marketing activities.
- If you have explicitly agreed to the Terms and Conditions set out in the Subscription Agreement for our service and we are in the process of selling our company, website or substantial parts of our business, we may disclose and/or transfer your personal information to the (potential) new owner so they can better value our business. If sold, your information will be transferred so that the new owner is able to continue operating this website. This will also be the case if the new owner is a non-EU company, organization or individual.
- We may also share your personal information to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders or any other legal process or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or respond to illegal activities, fraud, and physical threats to you or others or as otherwise required by any applicable law or regulation.
Where applicable, we have concluded agreements with our third-party providers to protect your personal data.
Some of these companies may be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area. The companies that are located in the United States are participants of and certified by the EU US Privacy Shield, which guarantees an adequate level of data protection.
For companies in other countries your personal information is safeguarded either because of the European Commission deciding these countries have an adequate level of protection or because your personal information is safeguarded by contractual clauses in the agreements we have with these companies. If you want to receive more information about these safeguards, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
4. Security Measures
We take strict security measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These measures include limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers as well as electronic security systems, data encryption and password protections, which guard against unauthorized access.
5. Control Over Your Data
You are entitled to object to us processing your personal data. You may also access your information, ask us for an overview of your information or ask for a copy. You may also request to correct or delete certain data, restrict processing of your data, or ask us to transfer some of this information to you or other organizations. In some cases, you may object to the processing of your data and, where we have asked for your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. If the processing is solely based on your consent, we will not process your personal information any longer. Where we process your data for our legitimate interests, you can contact us if you want more information about these.
There are some exceptions to these rights. For example, it will not be possible for us to delete your data if we are required by law to keep it or if we hold it in connection with a contract with you. Similarly, access to your data may be refused if making the information available would reveal personal information about another person or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. We will always inform you if we will not comply with your request for any reason whatsoever.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will provide you with information on action taken on your request within one month after receiving this request. Depending on the complexity and number of requests we may extend this period by two further months, in which case we will also inform you.